About Me

My photo
Mission: Promote purposeful passionate people to help them reach professional and personal potential while enjoying life to the fullest. DISCLAIMER: This is a PERSONAL blog. Views expressed are my own. Names listed have given permission.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Funny business is still business

I'm getting tired of being tackled every damn time
I take a picture for Twitter or a blog post

So I've gotten in the habit of asking
1. Can I take a picture to promote you
2. Do you have a Twitter handle?

The answer is usually:


1. Wow thank you!
2. Haa haha Social Media is stupid, what is Twitter?

So I work in a new area now and I was out and about today for lunch


Working with events over the years
I am a sucker for sharp, beautifully arranged flowers
Today I saw a whole shop of near perfection
and had to just stop and stare, and Tweet!

I walked in and asked my questions and had to stop at #1

"No no you can't take any pictures,
we've had some funny business"

What about those flowers. Nope.
These ones? No.

But I want to send a note to event planners
brides and fundraisers in my business network.
We have a website, send them there.

Wow. How very web 1.0

Looking at the Pistil website, I get it. They have signature stuff.
But like Seth Godin says, if your art is a secret
and you must patent/defend it
You don't make art, you make widgets

The art is y
ou and your work and your relationship with your customer

So *phew* g
ood news Pistil!
I'm nobody, I'm not a customer
Tell me t
o shut up and get out,
you lost nothing
I won't be up to any funny business

But the last thing yo
u'll get from me
....is my business


Son of a B!?&# they have a cool blog though!

No comments:

Post a Comment